Date: Wednesday 8th May 2019
The RBNZ announce their interest rate decision during the Asian session.
The RBNZ are expected to make a move on rates for the first time in over two years. Analysts forecast a cut of 25bps, however markets have only priced a 40% chance of this move happening. Therefore we expect a strong reaction to this event regardless of the outcome.
We will be trading NZD/USD. We will be selling the pair on a rate cut, and buying the pair if the RBNZ remain on hold.
What happened last time?
Setting up procedure
Our market of choice: NZD/USD
NZD RBNZ Interest Rate Decision
As always, make sure you set the auto-click locations, and we advise hitting load on News Trader Pro 60 seconds before the scheduled release time. Good luck!